Sunday, July 14, 2019


How can we help the little ones with number concept?
It is so important for the students to incorporate art into their learning experiences!
I started doing this fun and creative  number activity  last year:


Number 5-"Once upon a time I was playing at home" 
( Una vez  estaba jugando en casa)
Number 5- "I am taking my Kitty to the Park" 
( Estoy llevando mi gatito al Parque)
This year  I extended the activity to create a Creative Number book, in witch each student will create a page of the book for every number from 1 to 9.
 To complete each number page , each child take as many shapes as the number we are learning, and create a collage. When they finish their art work, they explain their work, and they can present it to their friends.
 It is very easy  to prepare the materials for this station. I cut some of the shapes, but I also collect the extra shapes left  from different activities we do in the class, Recycling is great!
 Number 8- "The Little fish is eating"
( El pecesito esta comiendo)
Number 9- "I am eating chocolate and watching
a movie in my phone" 
( Yo estoy comiendo chocolate y mirando 
una pelicula en mi telefono)
It is amazing how this activity help my kids with number concept, and develop their creativity . I love to see them have fun and come up with great ideas!
I would love to know if it works for your class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment